CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOG LAYOUTS, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Monday, December 6, 2010

San Francisco Day Trip

While in Northern California, we took a day trip to San Francisco. I love the city and we totally scored on the weather - it was perfect! Libby's chalking up more adventures by the minute! ;)
First stop was Pier 39 to check out all of the sea lions. There weren't as many as there have been in years past when we've gone, but it's always fun to watch and listen to them (not so fun to smell them, though - YUCK!).
You can see what a gorgeous day it was. We were tempted to try to get a last minute Alcatraz tour, but it was a no-go. Oh, well - that gives us something to go back for!
The whole gang in front of the Christmas tree at Pier 39. This was right after we dined on some famous SF clam chowder in a sourdough breadbowl...yum, yum!
You can't go to SF and not ride the cable cars! The Mitchell gang had fun hanging out the side and Devin managed to get yelled at multiple times throughout the day - that troublemaker!!!
Libby's first cable car experience. It got a bit chilly on the ride, so I was more than happy to have my own personal lap-heater with me.
Once the sun went down, it got cold fast! Libby was all bundled up and looked sooooo adorable! We had to wait in a really long line to get back on the cable car at Union Square. It was insanely busy there (what with it being Black Friday and all), but it was so fun to see the decorations and get into the spirit of the season.
We finished off the day at Ghirardelli Square for the Christmas tree lighting there. They have a store there with this huge Elizabeth sign and we were so excited to take our Elizabeth's picture with it! I knew her name would be in big lights one day...I just didn't realize it'd be so soon!
The next day we met up with our friends Emily and Jan for lunch and then went to see Harry Potter with the whole family. I spent the whole time in the foyer with Libby who apparently is NOT a Harry Potter fan. Oh, well! Then, we went to a Kings game that night and had a great time. They lost, but it was still fun. My mom was nice enough to watch Libby for us so I got to cheer as loudly as I wanted!

2 comments:

  1. That Elizabeth sign is awesome! Did you ask them if you could have it? You know I would have asked! :0)

    Sounds like a blast. Sorry we missed it. Ty would have loved the cable cars. I think he was Libby's age when we last were there.

    ReplyDelete
  2. i knew having a baby wouldn't slow you guys down... you do more stuff in a month than we do in a year... so much fun, glad things are fun for you!

    ReplyDelete